Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Rogues at BSNL

I have been a BSNL customer for as long as I have had a telephone connection. Recently, in March I also subscribed for the highly acclaimed Data One services offered by this company. I got the connection after a slight delay of about a week. I opted for purchase of the Type II Wi-Fi router. I was accordingly billed as well. Now, 2 months after the connection has been established, the router has not been working.

I was last online on the 24th of April 2006. I was not given any telephone no, to contact in case of any technical difficulties. Hence I got the technical support no, 080-25514444 from Just Dial services. I spoke with the technical support team on the 25th of April 2006. The lady was kind enough to run me through a lot of trouble shooting steps & she finally diagnosed the router to be faulty. So, she said I had to contact the telephone exchange dealing with this area after assuring me sufficiently that it would be immediately replaced. I went to the JP Nagar exchange & was asked to contact the Jayanagar Exchange. On going there, the person asked me to get the complete set that was installed for me.

So I came back the next day with all the equipments there & Siddaiah the man incharge there said that “Sir naavu yenu maadokke aagalla. Yaakandre adanna naavu alla haakirodu, namma franchisee haakirodu. Neevu avaranne contact maadi”. So I again went back home & tried to contact the technical support no, they said: “Sir illa, adu haagalla sir. Exchange navaru adanna definite replace maadale beku”. I was annoyed & so I told them that they are not helping me & the lady said, “Illa sir. Naavu maadokke aagalla. Dayawittu avaranne contact maadi”.

So I again ran back to the exchange & Siddaiah gave me the phone no of the man who was responsible for dealing with broadband. I tried contacting that man Mr. Manju on 9845203421 about 15-20 times on two consecutive days. The phone was ALWAYS not reachable. I cam back to the exchange & tried to again speak with Mr. Siddaiah around 11 in the morning. He bluntly refused to even talk to me & rudely asked me to come back after 3 PM. So I again came back around 3:30 PM & told him that the no was always not reachable. So he contacted the man some how & that man Mr Manju assured me that he would have it sorted out on the same day. I waited at home the whole of next day & no one came.

So again the following day, I was back at the exchange & Siddaiah asked me what happened. I told him that no one had come in. He again acted like he was doing me a favour & spoke to Mr. Manju again. He again assured me that he would have the man sent over again & when I asked him for his actual contact no. he said that he would not be able to give me that no. I again waited at home the next day & again like I suspected, still no one came. I was back at the exchange & this time Siddaiah gave me Mr. Manju’s personal phone no (9845359510) as well, saying that Mr. Manju would answer this no very quickly. That is precisely what happened. I spoke to him angrily & asked him why no one was able to sort out the matter. He again handed the phone to his technician & I angrily asked that man if he would EVER attend to my complaint. He said “Yenri sariyaage maathaadtheera swalpa? Naavu sariyaage maathaadthilva? Yaake hangaadtheeri”, I said I was fed up with them for their false promises & said if he did not turn up that day, I would contact the Area Manager & complain to him. He said “aaithu adu yenu maadtheero maadkoli” & hung up. I have been trying to reach Mr. Manju on his personal no ever since & he has not picked up my call & as usual the 9845204321 no. is still out of reach.

In the mean time some one suggested that I call 1500 & complain. I did that & was asked to carry my router & its accessories to the DE’s office & he said that this would immediately be replaced.

What appalls me is that in a country where we say “Athithi Devo Bhava” what kind of crap are those “people” in BSNL up to???

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash - I can understand your pain as I am going through the same pain but w.r.to difference service. I had requested to shift my phone connection to JP Nagar from Koramangala. It is already 1 week and no action yet. I went to Jayanagar exchange and they asked me to go to Koramangala to ensure that it is disconnected. I went to Koramangala office and ensure that it is disconnected. But the kind BSNL employee told me that he will not know the status of this request beyond this as it will reflect only in JP Nagar folks m/c (what kind of enquiry system is that ???). Now Jayanagar folks have asked me to contact JP nagar exchange but they do not know the location. However they do know that it is in JP Nagar and few "main" / "cross" away (funny, huh?!).

I saw your blog and request you kindly to give me address of the JP Nagar exchange and landmarks nearby....I have got few more battles to fight before I get the connection restored at my home. Thanks to BSNL and its "Customer Service"

- Sakthi

3:05 AM  
Blogger Ashvin said...

Dear Anonymous(Sakthi), As you come towards JP Nagar 1st Phase from Jayangar 5th Block Raghavendra Swamy Mutt, you will come across Shanthi Sagar to your left & RV Dental College to your right, keep coming down that road until you come to the 2nd signal(which is the 15th Cross Signal). Take a left there, come about 300-400 mts, you will get a signal. Cross that signal & come further straight for about 5-10 mts. You will get a cluster of buildings to your left. There is the JP Nagar Exchange on the first floor. Wish you good luck! I would suggest that you parallelly also look for a new Airtel Phone Connection.

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. really.. this story: lived through it so many times .. its amazing.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats was me btw :)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home