Friday, May 26, 2006

Hair Rising Experiences

These days I am trying to find answers to a few questions that I have always had since the time I started to appreciate music (esp Classical). When I listen to certain Raagas, even though it might just be a plain Raaga(aalaap) w/o any wordings(saahithya), I feel some lightening or uplifting kind of a feeling in my heart. Sometimes I feel a knot in the pit of my stomach. I wonder why!? I asked my Guruji this & he said don't think of the "why", just enjoy it. Today while I was returning from one of my client meets with another of my friend cum mentor, I was just pondering aloud on the same subject & my mentor said well "it is because the body just not remember things in the brain alone or the mind alone. It stores images, sounds, smells etc in different locations of the body. The no 7 is a wonderful no. There are 7 'Swaras' or basic notes in classical music & there are 7 'Chakras' or energy centres in the human body. Why don't you think about this?" was all he said. When I thought about this, the hair on my arms started bristling & those on my head were trying to stand up but were held in place only by the gel I had on. So I am now wondering what is it with the number 7? I hope you the reader can enlighten me. What is it with the number 7???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number seven is amazing,
it comes after 6 and right before eight
without it , we perhaps would be without a counting system as we know it.


Regarding brain, mind and body - think about this. The brain is a part of the body, and its the brains interaction with the world, that creates the mind, as a sort of a filtering mechanism

dont get trapped in the why's of things, its a trap of the mind, go into the how and EMBODY the FEELINGS and EMOTIONS

1:47 PM  
Blogger Wiseldress said...

Questions, questions, questions…my God Ash….u have soooooooo many Q’s. This is not good….and I know who is to blame for all this…it’s ur Guru. To Guruji meri yeh chooti si binti hai aapse….apne shishyon ko, khudi mein dekhne ka raaz bataye, taaki woh itna samye sawalon ke jawab doondne mein barbaad na kare :)

Ok Ash…let me give your Q a shot…as far as I know any music in its purest form – wt or wto lyrics has the power to take individuals to a trans-hypnotic state. If you break down music into its smallest element you will realise that they are nothing but sounds that have come forth from things around you or from within you….and since we are made up of these very elements, hearing them from the outside breaks all the barriers we have within us compelling us to merge with it – which in essence is our true or inner state of being. Hence it is not surprising that u feel v light or have sensations of being uplifted etc. On the contrary if music does not touch ur soul – then for me that is not music, it is just a form of disturbance…I wouldn’t even call it noise.

Ahhh finally the Q about 7… significance of a number. Ok Ash give me one number from 0-9 which does not have its significance or position in the universe. If you can point out such a no: only then will I go ahead and explain the significance of 7 to u. Please don’t get so trapped in the meaning and significance of things….cauz it is only u who give things importance, meaning and significance…there is nothing super natural about them….It is we who attach qualities & attributes to things. So just relax and go with the flow.

If you do not get answers to Q’s you have posed now….its probably because you are not yet ready to hear the answer….

Hope you rid urself of all knowledge

Noor

PS: Just had a Q for u Ash…What hair gel do u use? U said that the hair on ur head was trying to stand up but was held in place only b’coz of ur Gel…..Boy, that must have been some pretty stong gel….Give me the name, I can recommend it some of my friends who really need it … consider it social service ;)

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ash,
dont get seduced by the seemingly magical numbers,magical formulae etc

why you feel that way is not the important question, the more inportant question IMO is how can you feel it so fully that you the experiencer are not there.

go into the feeling, not away from it to see it.

dont try to understand it, rather become it

hope that helps

M

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do I actually go into that feeling?

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just keep doing it over and over again and enjoy it, until it exists only

M

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home