Monday, September 19, 2011

5 Days Of Campus Connect Programs

I am indeed blessed to be a part of this WONDERFUL team that does a lot of the Soft (LIFE) Skills programs. As a result of this, I get to travel to a number of colleges & interact with the wonderful youngsters. I would like to share a few incidents here which have touched me.

The first college that I did this program for is SJCIT in Chikkaballapura, a bustling city close to Bangalore. On the first day of introductions, there was a boy in my class who said his hobby was smoking & drinking. On the fifth day he came to me & said 'Sir, I'd like to change' & I suggested a few things to him. I went back to the college after about 3-4 months & this boy came running to me & said; 'Sir, I've quit smoking & drinking & I now have taken an interest in my studies'. This incident took me upto cloud nine :).

A couple of years later, I was back in SJCIT & it was for a different group of people. Oh boy! After the first couple of days, these wonderful people made me feel REALLY special. On the last day, they gifted me a BEAUTIFUL tie & an awesome pen set, which are one of my favourites!

Soon after, I travelled to Mysore to do a program in VVCE. These AWESOME youngsters really treated me like I was some kind of a super star! The painting that these guys gave me is nestled safely in my cupboard & is the first thing that I see when I open my cupboard :)

The most recent program was in Kumbalagodu at VKIT. These LOVELY people treated me like I was a member of a royal family...... The photo of Lord Ganesha adorns the wall & is the first thing that people see when entering the house 'I am touched' ;)

Each one of these college students has really touched me in a way that I can never forget & all the praise & all those testimonials that these guys speak on the stage really makes me wonder; 'have I really done this?'

You guys are all VERY special to me & you all would remain in my memory always......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home